WHAT IS MEDICATION ASSISTED TREATMENT?
Medication should be used as part of a complete treatment plan that includes counseling and psychosocial support. Opioid dependence involves both behavioral and biological components, so combining medication-assisted treatment with counseling and psychosocial support may increase the likelihood of treatment success.
While counseling can help patients learn how to cope with events or situations associated with past drug use and learn skills that can help them recognize triggers and prevent relapse, studies show that sustained medication-assisted treatment is associated with improvement on several psychosocial parameters.
WHO NEEDS TREATMENT
Those who suffer from physical or psychological dependence on opiates require treatment for the addiction in order to recover and to remain abstinent from drugs. When addiction or abuse is caught early on, there is not always a need for medications such as suboxone to help ward off withdrawal symptoms but as the addiction progresses and becomes worse, the need for such medications will increase and may reach dire states.
- You have tried to quit using opiates on your own and not succeeded
- You have a desire to quit using opiates but cannot seem to do so
- You take opiates despite the known dangers or health complications that they are causing
- You take more drugs than you intend to
- You use drugs instead of spending time with family, loved ones or other people who matter to you
- Your drug use has interfered with your daily routine
- You use drugs despite the problems that the opiate abuse has caused financially, emotionally, spiritually or otherwise
These are just some of the potential signs of opiate addiction and the need for treatment. Treatment can help you get your life back on track by providing you with support, counseling and care that you may not even realize are available to you. Instead of letting an addiction continue to spiral out of control and keep ruining your life—seek opiate addiction treatment immediately.
HELP IS JUST
A PHONE CALL AWAY
Find Relief from Addiction with Help from the caring team at Integra Health